Given his age, I know that we're probably less than six months away from a visit from the tooth fairy. Rather than buy one on Etsy (like I did for Lauryn), I decided to make one myself:
I used this great tutorial from Larissa Holland (she has an amazing blog, by the way). Toothy's little mouth is actually a pocket that can hold the lost tooth as well as The Tooth Fairy's bounty.
I was able follow Larissa's tutorial without any issues, until...
...once I turned and stuffed the tooth, I realized that I attached the hanging ribbon wrong. Grrrr. I decided to put my perfectionist tendencies aside and just leave it alone. I'm honestly the only person who would notice :)
Level of difficulty (on a scale of 1 to 5) = 3. Aside from my blooper with the hanging ribbon, this project was fairly easily. It required some sewing machine knowledge, as well as basic hand-stitching skills.
Estimated cost = less than $10. I had to buy the navy wool felt for the body, coordinating thread and polyfill for the stuffing. I still have plenty of all leftover.
Thoughts = I won't become a professional maker of stuffed things anytime soon, but I'm glad I took the time to make this for Michael.
I've declared 2016 The Year of Projects. All year long I'll be completing unfinished craft projects, finishing long-overdue household tasks and learning some new crafting skills. You can see all of my Year of Projects posts here. You can also following along on Instagram - #yearofprojects2016 #52projects2016.